Are you an experienced Vet looking to settle in a practice where you can build relationships with both your clients and team? We have an opportunity within a growing practice in Burscough, West Lancashire that opened in 2016 who are looking for a Vet to join their existing team of 2 full time Vets, 1 Practice Manager, 4 RVN’s, 2 SVN’s, 1 VCA and 2 administrative staff!
Their large Nurse to Vet ratio means they utilise their nurses to their full potential; they run a range of chargeable clinics and perform a variety of schedule 2 procedures. Each team member has their own interests and they are keen to help them progress with the things they love…They look after each other and the diary is targeted towards individual clinicians needs and wants.
LOW STAFF TURNOVER, something this surgery is very proud of is their low staff turnover. To maintain this they aim to create a good work life balance and constantly strive to better their practice environment,
- A typical day starts at 8.30 with in-patient admits followed by morning consults
- They operate Monday-Friday so the role includes a share the surgery rota
- Followed by evening consults and time to catch up on any admin and client calls
- Some charity work with a rescue organisation and our local Cats Protection team
- Currently working in one of two covid “bubble” teams, eventually moving to a more mixed team rota.
- Occasional sole charge (1:4 weekends and the odd holiday cover, although the JVP Vet is only a phone call away if needed)
- Set shift pattern but some flexible with the rota to make it work for all
- Weekday hours are 8.30-19.30
- Weekend hours are Saturday 9.00-17.00, Sunday 10.00-16.00
- No OOH (covered by a local independent practice’s 24h hospital)
- £35-45k pro rata experience dependent
- 33 days holiday
- £1.2k CPD budget, certificates considered
- Tier 1 pension (6.55% employer, 2.5% employee)
- Lieu for time worked over contracted hours
- Income protection over 1 year service
- AXA private healthcare
Interested? Apply/ enquire via this site, or call/text/whatsapp 07585608386 for more information.
Job Reference: LEAP221 All applications/ enquiries are confidential
Leapfrog Recruitment – Veterinary Recruitment Specialists – www.leapfrogrecruitment.co.uk